Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Extraordinary fitness for ordinary people

This blog is dedicated to ordinary people who want to achieve an extraordinary level of fitness.

In my future posts I will share knowledge gathered over the years about what it takes to be healthy and fit, including details about practices that I know from experience to actually work, that can be made part of everyday life; practices that have transformed ordinary people - people that I know - into paragons of health and fitness.

The level of your physical fitness depends upon five essential and inter-related processes: Breathing, Eating, Moving, Resting, and Cleansing. We do them all every day. If we didn't, we certainly wouldn't live very long. But, it's how well we do them that both determines, and reflects, how fit we are. My primary reason for writing this blog is to identify and share many of those practices.

If you've never been physically active, starting now may be difficult. Usually it's the inertia that comes from long periods of inactivity that's the problem. So I'll explore ways of dealing with that and other stumbling blocks that you're likely to encounter along the way in future postings.

Ready to get started? We'll start with "Breathing" in my next post.

Loriman Rhodell

No comments: